1. Human subject research conducted with the mindLAMP app requires the approval of an Ethics Review Board or Institutional Review Board.
You may be asked by the Division of Digital Psychiatry to produce a copy of an approval letter from your institution's Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Ethics Review Board (ERB) to serve as proof of compliance before continuing to use any component of the LAMP Platform, including the mindLAMP app. If you are unable to produce such documents as proof of compliance, collection and management of data and participants in your study in the LAMP Platform may be terminated at the discretion of the Division of Digital Psychiatry.
Please note that the Division of Digital Psychiatry maintains sole availability of the mindLAMP app in compliance with Apple and Google, regarding their individual App Store submission guidelines and software policies.
2. Research participants in a study using the LAMP Platform are required to sign an informed consent.
All research participants must physically or electronically (on an IRB-approved platform) agree with and sign a consent form outlining all points (1) - (5) listed below as part of all research conducted through the LAMP Platform, including the mindLAMP app. Requirements:
- the nature, purpose, and duration of the research.
- the procedures, risks, and benefits to the participant.
- information about confidentiality and handling of data (including any sharing with third parties).
- a point of contact for participant questions.
- the withdrawal process.
Please note that this also applies to data imported from outside of the LAMP Platform, irrespective of where such data was collected or how it was collected.
Was there something we didn't cover, or need more help? Let us know by making a post in the LAMP Community, or contact us directly. Thank you for your contribution! 🌟 Page last updated on October 26th, 2020.