- Step 1: Open the Credential Management dialog.
- Step 2: Create a new Credential.
- Step 3: Reset a Credential's password.
- Step 4: Delete an existing Credential.
Step 1: Open the Credential Management dialog.
Managing credentials for yourself or others is as follows:
- I want to manage your own credentials.
- Tap the profile icon at top right and select the Manage Credentials option from the drop-down list.
- I am a clinician or researcher and want to manage the credentials of a patient or participant.
- Tap the key icon at the right-hand side of the patient or participant’s row when in clinic or study management mode.
- I am a system administrator and want to manage the credentials of a clinic or research site.
- Tap the key icon at the right-hand side of the clinician or researcher's row when in system administration mode.
This option is not available if you are logged in as a system administrator.
Step 2: Create a new Credential.
To create a new credential, tap the
[+] icon and enter only: Name, Email Address, and Password.
Note that the email address you provide MUST NOT already be used across any credentials in your instance of the LAMP Platform. If the email address specified is already taken, your credential will fail to be created.
The Name field of your very first credential will always be reset to
Default Credential if your instance of the LAMP Platform is configured to support the legacy mindLAMP v1 app.
Step 3: Reset a Credential's password.
To reset a password for another credential, enter the password and tap the check mark icon at the right side of the text box to save your new password.
DO NOT attempt to reset the password of the credential you are currently using to log into and access mindLAMP. This may prevent you from using the app and lock you out.
Step 4: Delete an existing Credential.
To delete a credential that already exists, tap its icon and select the
Delete option from the drop-down list.
Please note that this only deletes only the access to data, not the data itself; deleting an object and deleting a credential are different in the LAMP Platform. If no credentials remain, then there is no way to log in from the mindLAMP app.
If you are locked out of your account, please consult your clinician or system administrator for assistance.